The 2013 edition of The Age Good Cafe Guide is in stores today – are your favourites listed?
While I am not a coffee drinker I have reviewed several of the award-winning establishments noted with a *. These cafes won top honours:
- Eftpos Best Cafe: Auction Rooms* (North Melbourne)
- Best Coffee: Axil Coffee Roasters* (Hawthorn)
- Best New Cafe: Top Paddock* (Richmond)
- Best Food Cafe: St Ali Coffee Roasters* (South Melbourne)
- Lattore & Dutch Best Boutique Roaster: The Maling Room* (Canterbury)
- Best Brew Bar: Duke’s Coffee Roasters (Melbourne)
- Best Small Cafe: Cheerio* (Richmond)
- Bonsoy Best Barista: Courtney Patterson (Cup of Truth, Melbourne)
- Local Hero: The Resident (Ashburton)
- Hall of Fame: Giancarlo Giusti (Grinders)
Each of the 300+ cafes in the guide have been reviewed and the very best have been awarded one to three coffee cups based on their commitment to coffee, the food and the decor/ambience.