- Winter Solstice Courtyard Immigration Museum (Fri 23 Jun) – live music from polyrhythmic future-soul artist Nai Palm, lead performer of Hiatus Kaiyote. Share winter warmers with friends, including mulled wine, whisky, and spiced chocolate.
- Winter Solstice Light Show (Fri 23 Jun – Sun 25 Jun) – For five evenings in winter, Melbourne’s newest icon – 888 Collins Street – will come to life in a spectacular festive light display in celebration of Winter Solstice.
- Circus Oz Birrarung Marr (Fri 23 Jun – Sun 16 Jul) – high-voltage acrobatics and explosive aerial antics.
- Queen Street Plaza (Sat 24 Jun – Sun 25 Jun) – A place to sit, eat, have a drink and enjoy free family entertainment right in the heart of the city.
- Winter Solstice: Festival of Welcome (Sat 24 Jun) – performances, unique stalls, enjoy beautiful light installations and sample a range of traditional international foods.
- City Library Book Sale (Sat 24 Jun) – Grab yourself a bargain on some fabulous pre-loved books.
- NGV Unplugged (Sun 25 Jun) – Each Sunday afternoon for six weeks, Jae Laffer (The Panics) will host a session in the exhibition space with a live performance by local musicians.
- Melbourne Design Market (Sun 25 Jun) – Melbourne original design market happens twice a year.
- Slide, Skate and Chill (Fri 23 Jun – Thu 31 Aug) – undercover riverside ice rink and toboggan slide. Full review.
- Winter Night Market Queen Victoria Market (Wed 28 Jun – Wed 30 Aug) -crackling fires, mulled wine and a revolving line-up of roving entertainers and live music, over 30 street vendors and designer and artisan stalls. READ THE REVIEW.
NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- The Make It Collective launch party (Fri 23 Jun) – Come along and enjoy a fun evening celebrating handmade and leave with some fantastic finds!
- Meat Fest Preston Food Truck Park (Fri 23 Jun – Sun 25 Jun) – BBQ flavours are set to fill Preston! READ THE REVIEW.
- Oinofilia (Sat 24 Jun) – Oinofilia will bring Greek wine producers together with some of Melbourne’s best Greek chefs for a one-day party.
- Collingwood Underground Roller Disco (Sat 24 Jun) – In one of Collingwood’s most iconic and prominent landmarks, the high rise towers is the home of the Underground Roller Disco. Free skate for under 14s.
- Italian Food & Wine Festival (Sun 25 Jun) – celebrate Italian food and wine with the whole family.
- Batman Market The Sunday Hall (Sun 25 Jun) – Three celebrated masters of cuisine will be serving up a spread of their fare for a true culturally immersive dining experience.
- University of Melbourne Farmers Market (Wed 28 Jun) – Enjoy the atmosphere of a sunny picnic with the integrity of an accredited farmers’ market!
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- MAP 57 St Kilda (Fri 23 Jun – Sun 30 Jul) – St Kilda’s favourite “triangle” will be converted into a glittering entertainment venue this winter, playing host to a pop up ice rink, comedy, theatre, music, food stalls, carnival rides and more.
- Hank Marvin Market (Sat 24 Jun) – weekly Saturday market with awesome playground at Alma Park.
- Matariki Dandenong Market (Sun 25 Jun) – Performances, Ta moko face painting. NZ Street Food.