This weekend I will raving at the first Big Fish Little Fish Family Rave (sold out sorry!), speaking on the panel of the first Feminist Family Salon (sold out but join the waitlist and watch the Facebook Live event) and heading to the first Winter Night Market Queen Victoria Market, an annual winter ritual!
- Melbourne Good Food and Wine show (Fri 2 Jun – Sun 4 Jun) – celebrate the best in food and wine.
- Melbourne International Jazz Festival (Fri 2 Jun -Sun 11 June) – over 500 Jazz artists from around the world will be converging on Melbourne’s bars, clubs, and venues.
- Eau de Vie Winter Degustation (Fri 2 Jun – 24 Jun) – five-course meal paired with cocktails designed by their award-winning bartenders.
- Dialogue in the Dark (Fri 2 Jun – Thu 30 Nov) – an immersive experience in total darkness through which, led by blind guides, guests learn to interact in a world without pictures, and rely solely on other senses.
- Second Line Street Party (Sat 3 Jun) – Join the jubilant energy of the quintessential New Orleans art form – the second line parade – kicking off the Melbourne International Jazz Festival’s 20th anniversary celebrations.
- Festival of Steve (Sat 3 Jun) – designers, retailers, purveyors of classic merchandise, stylists and outfitters for the modern gentleman.
- Queen Street Plaza (Sat 3 Jun – Sun 4 Jun) – A place to sit, eat, have a drink and enjoy free family entertainment right in the heart of the city.
- Slide, Skate and Chill (Fri 2 Jun – Thu 31 Aug) – undercover riverside ice rink and toboggan slide.
- Aladdin the Musical (Fri 2 Jun – Sun 22 Oct) – Disney film turned into lavish musical. Read the review.
- Winter Night Market Queen Victoria Market (Wed 7 Jun – Wed 30 Aug) -crackling fires, mulled wine and a revolving line-up of roving entertainers and live music, over 30 street vendors and designer and artisan stalls. READ THE REVIEW.
NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- Freedom Time Coburg (Fri 2 Jun) – Under three big tops, Freedom Time will rouse your senses with live performances, DJs, art projections, installations and more.
- Fat Chips & Fries Food Truck Fest Preston (Fri 2 Jun – Sun 4 Jun) –The Food Truck Park is cooking up chips and fries or all types for three days. READ THE REVIEW.
- Feminist Family Salon (Sat 3 Jun) – panel discussion about Feminist Parenting with a supervised craft activity for kids.
- Latin Day Preston Market (Sat 3 Jun) – experience the music and dance from countries such as Mexico, Spain & Brazil and enjoy a variety of Latin cuisines and other.
- Carlton Rotary Second Hand Book and Music Fair (Sat 3 Jun – Sun 4 Jun) – Books, CDs, DVDs, records, sheet music, quality magazines and comics are available, priced from $1.
- Batman Market The Sunday Hall (Sun 4 Jun) – Three celebrated masters of cuisine will be serving up a spread of their fare for a true culturally immersive dining experience.
- Darebin Homemade Food and Wine Festival (Sat 3 Jun – Sun 4 Jun) – workshops, seminars, demonstrations and special events which will have you exploring culture through food and getting you inspired about all things homemade.
- University of Melbourne Farmers Market (Wed 7 Jun) – Enjoy the atmosphere of a sunny picnic with the integrity of an accredited farmers’ market!
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- National Doughnut Day at Dandee Donuts (Fri 2 Jun) – free hot-jam donuts to shoppers at Dandenong Market.
- Hank Marvin Market (Sat 3 Jun) – weekly Saturday market with awesome playground at Alma Park.
- The Cell Newport (Fri 2 Jun – Sat 10 Jun) – interactive art installation at Substation Newport. Full review.
- Jazz Out West (Fri 2 Jun – Sun 11 Jun) – Experience inspired Ethio-jazz stylings, laid-back beats, old-school funk and soul-inflected grooves with these free events in Footscray, Moonee Ponds and Yarraville.
- Seddon Makers Market (Sat 3 Jun) – market celebrates and showcases Inner west local makers and beyond.
- Discover Footscray tours (Sat 3 Jun) – free art, history and food walking tours of Footscray.
- Winter Music in the Valley (Sun 4 Jun) – series of four free classical music concerts held on Sunday afternoons.