- Emerging Writers Festival (Fri 16 Jun – Sun 23 Jun) – Australia’s premier festival for new and emerging writers.
- Truffle Melbourne (Sat 17 June – Sun 18 Jun) – cooking demonstrations, celebrity chef appearances, food stalls, visits from the truffle hunting dogs, live entertainment.
- Queen Street Plaza (Sat 17 Jun – Sun 18 Jun) – A place to sit, eat, have a drink and enjoy free family entertainment right in the heart of the city.
- NGV Unplugged Live (Sun 18 Jun) – Each Sunday afternoon for six weeks, Jae Laffer (The Panics) will host a session in the exhibition space with a live performance by local musicians.
- Melbourne International Animation Festival ACMI (Sun 18 Jun – Sun 25 Jun) – animation programs to inspire, delight and challenge.
- Slide, Skate and Chill (Fri 16 Jun – Thu 31 Aug) – undercover riverside ice rink and toboggan slide. Full review.
- Aladdin the Musical (Fri 16 Jun – Sun 22 Oct) – Disney film turned into lavish musical. Read the review.
- World Refugee Day Immigration Museum (Tue 20 Jun) – admission to the Immigration Museum will be free to mark World Refugee Day.
- Winter Night Market Queen Victoria Market (Wed 21 Jun – Wed 30 Aug) -crackling fires, mulled wine and a revolving line-up of roving entertainers and live music, over 30 street vendors and designer and artisan stalls. READ THE REVIEW.
NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- Winter Solstice Festival Eltham (Sat 17 Jun) – Live music, delicious food, a wonderful kids’ lantern parade, mulled wine, fire entertainers and an enormous, sculptural bonfire.
- WHY: Walton Harold Young Winter laneway market (Sat 17 Jun) – Grab yourself a bargain at our preloved goods market.
- Batman Market The Sunday Hall (Sun 18 Jun) – Three celebrated masters of cuisine will be serving up a spread of their fare for a true culturally immersive dining experience.
- University of Melbourne Farmers Market (Wed 21 Jun) – Enjoy the atmosphere of a sunny picnic with the integrity of an accredited farmers’ market!
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
MAP 57 St Kilda (Thu 15 Jun – Sun 30 Jul) – St Kilda’s favourite “triangle” will be converted into a glittering entertainment venue this winter, playing host to a pop up ice rink, comedy, theatre, music, food stalls, carnival rides and more.
- Warburton Film Festival (Fri 16 Jun – Sun 18 Jun) – This film festival is in its 34th year and is a fantastic opportunity to be exposed to smaller, genre-breaking films.
- Williamstown Literary Festival (Sat 17 Jun – Sun 18 Jun) – speakers and panel discussions for avid (and even occasional) readers as well as workshops for budding writers, activities for kids, music
- Enterprize Sail Williamstown (Sat 17 Jun – Sun 18 Jun) – 1 hour sail on tall ship Enterprize comes to Williamstown.
- Footscray Finds (Sun 18 Jun) – unique, boutique and handmade monthly at Footscray Library’s Carpark, Paisley Street, Footscray.
- Kensington Market (Sun 18 Jun) – monthly boutique market offers an eclectic mix of fresh produce, designer fashion, jewellery and visual art creations, vintage, retro and antiques, all set in a vibrant environment filled with live music, great coffee and delicious foods.
- Winter Music in the Valley (Sun 18 Jun) – series of four free classical music concerts held on Sunday afternoons.
- ASRC telethon lunch Highpoint (Tue 20 Jun) – Highpoint is hosting a fundraising lunch with ASRC catering and 100% of proceeds donated to the Telethon.