Hello long weekend! If you’re staying in town there is lots to do this week!
- Negroni Week (Fri 9 Jun – Sun 11 Jun) – Melbourne’s top bars will be sprucing up the classic cocktail with some interesting and innovative variations. Each bar will donate a percentage of Negronis sold to OzHarvest and United Cerebral Palsy.
- Queen Street Plaza (Sat 10 Jun) – A place to sit, eat, have a drink and enjoy free family entertainment right in the heart of the city.
- Sausagefest Hophaus (Sun 11 Jun) – all you can eat meat feast, price also includes German Tap Biers and Wine.
- A Taste of Portugal (Sun 11 Jun) – cultural festival that celebrates the culture of Portuguese-speaking countries and showcases cuisine, music and dance, history, language and tourism.
- Slide, Skate and Chill (Fri 9 Jun – Thu 31 Aug) – undercover riverside ice rink and toboggan slide. Full review.
- Aladdin the Musical (Fri 9 Jun – Sun 22 Oct) – Disney film turned into lavish musical. Read the review.
- Winter Night Market Queen Victoria Market (Wed 14 Jun – Wed 30 Aug) -crackling fires, mulled wine and a revolving line-up of roving entertainers and live music, over 30 street vendors and designer and artisan stalls. READ THE REVIEW.
NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- Gluten Free Food Truck Fest Preston (Fri 9 Jun – Mon 12 Jun) – Find tasty food plus stalls selling a variety of gluten-free products. READ THE REVIEW.
- Farmers Market at Collingwood Children’s Farm (Sat 10 Jun) – Shop local and seasonal produce and visit the Collingwood Children’s Farm for only $2 adult entry (kids free). FULL REVIEW.
- National Bike Festival Brunswick (Sun 11 Jun) – Join us in celebrating 200 years of the bike. We have lined up a great list of free activities and things to enjoy to keep you, your family and friends entertained throughout the festival.
- Batman Market The Sunday Hall (Sun 11 Jun) – Three celebrated masters of cuisine will be serving up a spread of their fare for a true culturally immersive dining experience.
- Free Felafels Just Falafs (Mon 12 Jun) – Just Falafs will be slinging free classic pitas between 2:30 and 5pm for International Felafel Day.
- University of Melbourne Farmers Market (Wed 14 Jun) – Enjoy the atmosphere of a sunny picnic with the integrity of an accredited farmers’ market!
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Winter Wine Weekend Mornington Peninsula (Sat 10 Jun – Sun 12 Jun) – Winter Wine Fest and Cellar Door activities and events.
- Hank Marvin Market (Sat 10 Jun) – weekly Saturday market with awesome playground at Alma Park.
- Queens Birthday Street Party St Kilda (Sun 11 Jun) – Popping up on Fitzroy Street, you can expect to see street performers, musicians, fire twirlers, circus acts and drag queens.
- Mt Baw Baw Opening Weekend (Sat 10 Jun – Mon 11 Jun) – Free BBQ lunch and roving entertainers, giveaways.
- Lake Mountain Opening Weekend (Sat 10 Jun – Mon 12 Jun) – Celebrate the opening weekend of the snow season at Lake Mountain Alpine Resort including toboggan races, snow sculpting competitions, face painting, live music, wine tasting and lots more.
- Wine and Wildlife Healesville Sanctuary (Sat 11 Jun – Sun 12 Jun) – local wineries, breweries and a hearty winter menu for you to sample and purchase.
- Belgrave Big Dreams Market (Sun 11 Jun) – discover original and bespoke design pieces, some of the yummiest and freshest produce the area has to offer, live music.
- The Cell Newport (Fri 9 Jun – Sat 10 Jun) – interactive art installation at Substation Newport. Full review.
- Jazz Out West (Fri 9 Jun – Sun 11 Jun) – Experience inspired Ethio-jazz stylings, laid-back beats, old-school funk and soul-inflected grooves with these free events in Footscray, Moonee Ponds and Yarraville.
- National Margherita Day Essendon (Sun 11 Jun – Mon 12 Jun) – all of the 400 Gradi restaurants will be putting on a margherita special with a specially designed margherita pizza featuring yellow tomatoes. Even better, $1 from each margherita special, and gelato, goes to the Bully Zero Foundation Australia.
- Winter Music in the Valley (Sun 12 Jun) – series of four free classical music concerts held on Sunday afternoons.