You know those crazy spinning Frankenstein heads? That’s what I feel like right now. It’s definitely the silly season! In the diary this week:
- Preview of new French hit film ‘French Kissers’ at Palace Como on Tuesday 8 December;
- Aesop shopping night at their QV store on Wednesday 9 December. Join them for some wine and receive a small gift plus 10% off all purchases. Just email email@example.com to RSVP;
- Made in Thornbury markets are happening 10-3pm on Saturday 12 December;
- Fair@Square fair-trade + ethical festival 2009 at Federation Square on Sunday 13 December; and
- Opening week for Luke Mangan’s new Melbourne gastropub, The Palace. I’ll be the dorky girl taking pictures of every dish.
Somewhere in there I’m also (1) taste tasting a whole lotta mince pies in the name of research and (2) getting my wedding dress fitted. Even a once-in-a-lifetime event can’t make me stop eating!
Finally, a little blast from the past. This was one of my favourite ever Laneway Commissions from 2003 – Safe Between Us by Endra Che-Kahn and Marco Mattucci in Stevenson Lane. The picture of the jammed safe and the Road Runner-esque target on the concrete makes me laugh every time it comes up on my screensaver. Have a great week!