HOT being the operative word. Lordy me, I’m definitely not a hot-weather person, hopefully this week gives us all some respite. Anyway, a bit of sweatiness isn’t going to stop this week’s social calendar:
- Free reader event to launch MoVida Rustica at Books for Cooks, 233 Gertrude St Fitzroy. We’ll be meeting author Richard Cornish (maybe even Frank Camorra?), taste dishes from the book and sample some Spanish wines. Tuesday 17 November 7pm. Book by calling 8415 1415.
- Breakfast at Cumulus Inc with my out-of-town friends. Madeleines or steamed pork buns?
- Sneak preview of The French Kissers at Palace Brighton Bay Cinema. Thursday 19 November. RSVP here.
- Marrugeku‘s production of dance theatre work Burning Daylight at Arts House, Meat Market North Melbourne. Friday 20 November.
- Food bloggers lunch at Charcoal Lane on Saturday 21 November, with maybe a stop off at the Johnston Street Spanish Fiesta that night.
- If we’re feeling energetic on Sunday, the Order of Melbourne is holding their design market 2-5pm and at NGV Australia there’s a talk discussing the free photography exhibition Long Distance Vision at 3:30pm.
This week’s little slice of Melbourne comes courtesy of a Smith Street warehouse. Your profound thought of the day: