Eat Drink Westside is a curated collection of unique food and wine events held every year during Melbourne Food and Wine Festival. As the name suggests all of them are located in Melbourne’s west!
This year Eat Drink Westside’s program contains 30 foodie experiences spanning Brimbank City Council, Hobsons Bay City Council, Maribyrnong City Council, Moonee Valley City Council and Wyndham City Council.
From Friday 16 March to Sunday 25 March 2018 discover new places to eat, drink and be entertained. And as you’d expect from Melbourne’s most culturally diverse region you can sample anything from American BBQ to Ethiopian to Vietnamese to Greek.
A coup for East Drink Westside this year is that the annual World’s Longest Lunch for 1700 people is being held on the banks of the Maribyrnong River in Footscray. Expect three decadent courses by Adam D’Sylva (Tonka, Coda), Jerry Mai (Annam, Pho Nom) and Kay-Lene Tan (Tonka, Coda). Shadowfax Winery Werribee is also hosting the Regional World’s Longest Lunch.
Some events have already sold out so still available events that I’m putting on my wishlist include:
- Sunshine Food Fever – the ultimate four-course progressive dinner through Sunshine, showcasing the area’s rich multicultural heritage;
- The Community Farm – Copper Pot Seddon’s three course Sunday roast produced from the gardens of the neighbours.
- Picnic with Westside Cool – Eat, drink and enjoy an afternoon on the back lawn @ Quazi Design in Spotswood (which isn’t normally open to public)
- Cook the Bay – A cocktail style event held within sardine fisherman Phil McAdams’ boat shed, will hero the seafood available from our bay.
- Chronicles of Cheese – Spend an evening with a selection of cheese, some excellent wine and a stunning read selected by our cheese and book loving librarians.
- Village a Trois – Dishes from Thailand, Korea and Vietnam will feature for this special one night event matched with wine.
- Scrumptious St Albans – cheap, kid/pram friendly tour of St Albans market with 8 tastings enroute! There’s also a free Twilight Market.
- What’s on the Barbecue Block – Whole hog served tex mex with hint of the Mediterranean at a West Footscray Block Party.
Whether you’re a westie local or a first-time visitor, you’ll be sure to find something that suits your taste buds during Eat Drink Westside 2018. See you there!